Following the past couple of updates on the Club’s re-opening, here is the latest information from our Chairman, Robert Harris.
- An internal competition is to be run for those people who expressed an interest in one. The format is going to be different from what people are used to but it will be fun.
- An afternoon competition is planned for Saturday 15th August.
- Initially, we are looking at 4 rinks of triples but if there’s sufficient interest then we will consider staggering games to accommodate more players. Again, only for those who feel safe in doing so
- It is hoped that a full bar service should be available for the afternoon/evening
- It may even be possible to provide some simple refreshments
- Changes to the general arrangements for roll ups include:
- A ‘mini bar’ facility payable by an IOU system from Monday 20th July
- So members can utilise this facility, the 20 minute limit on leaving the premises has been suspended although the rule restricting arrival to 10 minutes before a session will remain
- A number of benches will be made available for general use
- Spectators are also welcome to watch the bowls
- Also, an investigation will be made with other clubs to see whether there is any appetite for a couple of friendly fixtures during August and September.
- The season close has been pushed back to Sunday 27th September allowing a little a longer for bowling.
Update [23rd July]
The Men’s and Ladies Club Championship competitions are to go ahead. This is based on advice from BE and GBA that champions will be able to enter next seasons Champion of Champions competitions as well as those Club Champions from the 2019 season.
Obviously, all of the above is subject to Government and BE guidance.
For the original arrangements and guidance regarding roll ups, please refer to both of these documents.